The more oxygen you are capable of consuming, the more calories you are able to burn. This figure can fluctuate over time depending on your fitness level. This 10-15 minute, treadmill-based, exercise stress test will tell you precisely that in addition to several other data points such as Lactic Threshold or Anaerobic Threshold, Max Heart Rate, and calories burned, which you can use to train smarter and more efficiently.
VO2 Max Test, Exercise and Fitness Testing
The best way to measure how much oxygen you can consume and determine how fit you are
We chose to offer VO2 Max testing so we could provide our customers with actionable fitness data, enabling them to customize their exercise and nutrition programs. We currently employ a MedGraphcis Ultima Series CPX, a true clinical-caliber metabolic cart. You would generally find these in a cardiology department or at a 4-year university. We started in 2014 by pioneering DEXA Scan body composition testing with a mobile business model. In 2017, we added our first brick and mortar storefront in San Diego, which enabled us to offer additional, relative services such as VO2 Max testing and Resting Metabolic Rate Testing (RMR) as an initiative to provide our current and prospective customers with additional resources so they can procure additional information needed to efficiently and effectively work towards their exercise, nutrition, and health goals.
Anaerobic Threshold (AT) & VO2 Max |
- A VO2 Max Tests provides you the information you need to optimize your endurance and cardiovascular performance. Train harder and smarter, perform better, burn and use your energy efficiently. We can tell you when you achieve your VO2 Max and Anaerobic Threshold (AT), the point at which you plateau during intense exercise.
Heart Rate & Calories Burned |
- This exercise and fitness test also determine the number of calories you burn at different heart rates during exercise. Now you can create target heart rate zones for your particular exercises and learn how to optimize fat burn and leverage, maximize your energy and utilization of nutrition and fueling. A VO2 Max pairs well with a Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) test so you can know your caloric consumption during exercise and at rest.
VO2 Max Preparation |
- Your test protocol will be tailored to you specifically, based on your current fitness level
- Fasting is up to you but please keep in mind this is an exercise stress test so it’s best to have some energy to be able to ramp up to max heart rate
- Normal hydration is suggested
- Wear your preferred kind of workout gear, bring running shoes, and a sweat towel
- Plan to set aside up to 1 hour for your test to allow for preparation, warm-up, and cool down
- **NOTE: this test does not include EKG
- If you have any questions, please forward them to [email protected]
Book Appointment or Buy VO2 Max Test Credits
You can book your VO2 Max Test appointment at our Sorrento Valley storefront, buy credits and use as booking tokens at a later date, or purchase an eGift and have it sent via email to a recipient. If you purchase credits, these will automatically populate to your account and can be accessed, redeemed | applied by logging into your BodyComp account.
How it Works
We offer VO2 Max testing at our San Diego storefront location in Sorrento Valley. The exercise test is performed on the treadmill, so it’s important to be prepared to run. We have a veteran test administrator who has performed hundreds of tests over the past 5 years. We establish a protocol specifically for you and your fitness level. We take safety and quality seriously.
You should expect to break a sweat and push yourself to your max heart rate over the course of 10 minutes on the treadmill. You will wear a neoprene face mask and breath through our umbilical cord so our equipment can measure your oxygen consumption. You will also wear a medical-grade heart rate strap so we can measure and record your different heart rate intervals over time. This will enable you to understand your max heart rate as well as the number of calories your burn at each different heart rate. Plan to allocate up-to an hour for your test.
What We Measure
A BodyComp, Inc. VO2 Max test measures your cardiovascular fitness level, your ability to consume oxygen, and burn calories. It evaluates at what point you reach max heart rate, anaerobic threshold, and ultimately your VO2 Max.
The Benefits of a VO2 Max Test
A BodyComp, Inc. VO2 Max test equips you with the tools and data you need to set goals and accomplish them more effectively and efficiently.